Saturday, October 29, 2011

Two Favorites

This post is about two of my favorite birds, and it also announces species number 90 for Dryad Ranch!  Last weekend on our walk, we saw a flock of birds that I was pretty sure were Cedar Waxwings, mostly based on their calls as they flew by.  I doubted myself for a day or two, and then Dino was able to confirm.  There is a spring he likes to visit with birding in mind, as it has had a good offering of ripe grapes.  Evidently the Waxwings found those fruits to their liking, because he spotted some and that gave us our 90.  I just love Waxwings, I think they are one of the most beautiful birds.

This image is in the public domain from the US Fish and Wildlife image library:



Today, after a neighbor dropped by, we headed out on another bird walk and saw favorite number two,  American Dipper.  This is a homegrown image:




No comments:

Site Meter